Saturday, August 13, 2005

There’s no need to adjust your screen…

…as we are not experiencing technical difficulty (except for my shameful lack of geek cred) and no, this is not an optical illusion. This is the new (and improved?) template of libertopia. For better or worse, nothing has changed but the appearance and the loss of the “L”.

Why did I go for the ‘extreme makeover’? Well, mostly because I grew tired of the drab, antiquated style of my prior digs. Plus, practically every third blog I read uses that template (mild hyperbole). Now I’m not knocking it, as I did voluntarily select it.

In short, since I don’t know how to design my own graphics (or anything else web-related for that matter), I settled on this template because none of the blogs that I frequent are currently sporting it. That, and I'm not afraid of change. There’s really no more to it than that. As Freud once said: Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.