Friday, April 07, 2006

Exhausted, yet Elated

What can I tell you…life is good. Scratch that—life is great!

Yesterday was quite the eventful day; it was a day of firsts and potential stressors: I flew for the first time…ever. I know, I’m a late bloomer. Anyway, that which necessitated the flight was an interview for a job with a prominent architectural and engineering firm that’s based in Wilmington, Delaware. However, the actual job assignment will be at the office of one of their clients, which is based in New Jersey. Here’s the best part: my new sweetie lives a stones-throw from there! What’s more, She met me at the airport and we spent several hours together…I’m still floating!

Now, it is true that I once ”said never”, but…you know the old saying about “saying never”. I now know why that particular saying is axiomatic: she’s absolutely wonderful!

Oh yeah…about that interview. I thought it went very well, but I’m biased, of course. And initially, the prospective employer told me that a final decision would not be made until next week, as I was one of three interviewees. But get this: I received a call the same day! I was informed that the decision to hire lil’-ol’-me was unanimous! I was beside myself. It’s a big move, but it’s a great career opportunity for me.

Apparently, I’m a latent romantic, because I’m more exited about being closer to Stacy than I am about the new gig; and the new gig is fantastic, so one can imagine just how special She is. I’m exhausted, yet elated!